Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Procrastination is the Thief of Time


I have been so lazy. Have not been updating my blog in the longest time!
There are many reasons (or excuses) for this. Mainly I have been going through a rough patch in my personal life. Can’t really begin to tell the story here as it is not so simple.

The truth is, for the past few weeks, I have been grappling and trying to get a grip on myself and my emotions. Remember the Whitney Houston song of yesteryears, “Where do broken hearts go?” Well, that song sums up nicely on how I had been feeling.

Been trying all sorts of ways to pull myself up. In the midst of all this, I was assigned to a business trip to Monaco. A dear friend commented that when one is down in one’s luck, one should go `down south’ to `change our fates’, so, we happily concluded that the location of Monaco in Southern France is really `down south’, hence things should be brighter & better when I return.

So I went… came back…got immersed in work and spend my nights absorbing tv series (Grey’s Anatomy is a great `escapist’ show!)….and whadda-ya-know, the weeks FLEW by…then the months (well, 2 months to be more exact). The next thing I know, `TIME’ seemed to have came and went, and left me breathless! Suddenly there are things that I haven’t been doing all this while during my escapism trail, but yet, now I can’t turn back the hands of TIME.

What started out as just purely a survival instinct of escapism had turned into a form of laziness and putting-off-till-tomorrow-what-can-be-done-today…

Procrastination! Ah… indeed it is the thief of time..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a really nice summary on procastination. I must've been procastinating the entire year! It's 42 days till the new year, and I don't know what I've done! Procastinate, most likely.

Another suitcase in another hall?

Its a rainy Sunday afternoon here in Brussels. I am sitting in my living room here, with 4 open suitcases in the hallway, and trying to so...